Breakwater is brewery first, with a fast becoming popular Taproom. We're a new brewery, in Dover, Kent. We've not won a single award, but we have aims of being a destination for beer lover both local and afar.
We pour our increasing range of house brewed beers, alongside our ever changing fantastic line up of beers from some of our friends, who luckily are frequently regarded as the best brewers in the world. We have a diverse group of people we call customers and friends: We are frequented by supporters of our local football team Dover Athletic and players from our local rugby teams; as well as the huge real ale/craft beer fan base locally. We are proud of the other MicroPubs and good beer outlets in the town. You can read more about us here.
We’re looking for craft/artisanal/real ale passionate bar person to join our team.
As a face of the business you’ll ensure that the customer experiences LEGENDARY customer service, you’ll be keeping a close eye on the beer service to ensure the standards and service are consistently excellent and you’ll know your way round a cellar. Pressure won’t phase you, in fact, you’ll thrive on it. But most importantly, you’ll do all this with a smile on your face.
You'll be working with a small team, trustworthiness is imperative, getting in on a business that has been written of by celebrated Beer Writer Will Hawkes as a brewery to watch, means that we have expectations to be delivered upon. This is an opportunity to become part of a team to build your own reputation as well as the name of Breakwater.
Before you apply – is this you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to present classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation dependent on experience. This is a part-time position, to begin with.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Help plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Knowledge of Craft Beer, Real Ale and the global craft beer movement. Willingness to learn...
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus (French, Dutch)
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
If you're still interested: Apply Here.